Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale

Solution Focused Hypnotherapy

Healthy Lifestyle

HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

When we think about a healthy lifestyle, we usually think of physical exercise and nutritious foods. But wellness is way more than cardio and carrots.

It is vital to think about different elements of your personal health and your emotional health is intrinsically tied to your wellbeing.

Modern life is stressful, and it is imperative that we treat our mental health with the same care and importance as we would our physical health.

Healthy Mind

HEALTHY MIND

Anger, anxiety and the stress of depression all weaken the immune system, just as healthy sleep, optimism and happiness can strengthen it.

Just as negative thoughts can make a body sick, promoting positive and nurturing thoughts (via hypnosis) can help you heal the brain.

Hypnosis is a powerful way to relax, and it counteracts the immune weakening effects of stress.

Healthy Body

HEALTHY BODY

Science has firmly established that the mind and body are intricately interconnected and that our state of mind can directly influence the working of the immune system, and vice versa.

Hypnosis is the epitome of mind-body treatment. It can enable the mind to tell the body how to react and modify the messages that the body sends to the mind.

YOUR SUPERPOWER

The brain is the most complex organ in your body. It weighs about three pounds or roughly 2% of your body’s weight, and yet it uses 20-30% of the calories you consume, 20% of the oxygen you breathe, and 25% of the blood flow in your body. It is estimated that the brain has 100 billion nerve cells and more connections than there are stars in the galaxy.

The conscious part of our mind houses logic, rational decision-making, and willpower. But did you know that this part of our mind makes up only about 12% of our total brainpower? The remaining 88% is happening on a subconscious level. If you are struggling to change a behaviour or habit, it is because on some level there is a subconscious motivation to keep it.

CREATE THE LIFE YOU DESIRE

Let’s say you want to lose a few pounds but almost every night after dinner you eat cake. You may consciously understand that this habit isn’t supporting your weight loss goal. But, your subconscious mind (whose job is always to keep you safe) says in essence: “But this makes me feel good!”

So, to change we must build positive associations to a new behaviour at a subconscious level. Hypnosis uses relaxation techniques, imagery and the power of suggestion. Hypnotherapy enables us to, in a sense, reprogram our software.

RELAX AND FEEL BETTER

In some ways, hypnosis can be compared to guided meditation or mindfulness; the idea is to set aside normal judgments and sensory reactions, and to enter a deeper state of concentration and receptiveness.

As with mindfulness meditation, hypnosis harnesses the brain’s natural abilities to regulate the body and control the random thoughts that ricochet through our minds.

Meditation can take weeks, months, or even years of practice, with hypnosis, relief can be quicker and more dramatic.

START TODAY

Being healthy is more than going to the gym and eating salad. We live in a fast-paced challenging world and we absolutely must give the same importance to our mind as we do our bodies. You can make lasting positive changes and I would be delighted to show you how hypnotherapy can work for you.

Contact me today!

Where to find me

Vintage Therapies, Stamford Place, 35a Stamford New Rd, Altrincham WA14 1BL